What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a system of healing that has been practised for over 2,500 years in China. Acupuncture is a gentle and effective treatment that focuses on helping the whole person, aiming to improve their overall health and wellbeing, and today it is widely used and accepted all over the world.
The first acupuncture treatment
During the first acupuncture treatment the practitioner will take a full medical case history, including past health background and details about the patient’s current condition. Once the patient is settled on the treatment couch, the practitioner will take their pulses on each wrist and look at their tongue.
The practitioner will then make a diagnosis and put together a treatment plan which may include lifestyle and dietary advice as well as acupuncture.
Combined techniques to achieve overall health and wellbeing
As well as inserting fine needles just under the skin, a practitioner may also use other techniques, such as cupping, in which small glass cups are used to massage the skin and massage. Most people find acupuncture relaxing and often feel very calm after a treatment.
1. Infertility, urinary, menstrual, and reproductive problems
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine and female infertility
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine and Male Infertility
- Acupuncture treat miscarriages
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine with Assisted conception
2. Skin problems
- Hair loss
3. Neurological and muscular disorders
- Neurological problems
- Facial tics
- Neck pain
- Rib neuritis
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel and other forms of tendonitis
- Lower back pain
- Sports injuries
4. Psycho-emotional disorders
- Panic Disorders
- Migraines and tension headaches
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Fertility and conception disorders
- Prenatal and Post-partum care
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Menstrual Disorders & Menopausal symptoms
5. Digestive disorders
- gastritis and hyper-acidity
- spastic colon
6. Respiratory disorders
- allergies, sinusitis, hay fever
- sore throat
- recurrent chest infections